Saturday, July 27, 2013

So Far Day 2 Riverfest, Forts and Pools

My wish for a earliest 7 a.m. wakeup was actually earlier, 6:30.  Two zombies waddling down the hall wondering where the bathroom was. We resolved that quickly and the day began.  Austin pondered the construction details to build Fort Winnebago while Bill similarly pondered how to make oatmeal for breakfast.
The first version of Fort Winnebago with the happy contractor








 Just a little more tweeking and a few willing stand(lay)byers to "hold down the fort".
Inspector Lucy insisted on an inside inspection.

Foreman Austin giving slacker Hunter the what for.  No dissension in the troops!








 My first visitor!  What a surprise.





It's awesome grandma Susan.


















More visitors, Hunter and Inspector Lucy on a final inspection.






Next stop the Riverfest, raceboats and street fair.
















 Austin definitely has a thing about wrong way up a slide.



 Pool time again.






 Future Mr. Atlas




















No fear Austin.  King of the Bellyflops


















And now King of the Butt Flops


Hunter does a perfect cannonball

Hunter and Austin caught in midair and a second later.


Not a bad dive at all Austin.  Future championship diver in the making.
Spaghetti for dinner tonight.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hello there, this is Teresa, Bill's cousin. I to am enjoying your journey. I have started from the beginning and am slowly catching up on you two. I love using Google Earth to see your travels.
I have to say I was hysterically laughing at your comment " While waiting to drive off I said to Austin that the car wouldn't drive without his seatbelt on. He said "liar". A whipped my head around in true exorcism style and said "what did you say" and his instant reply was "I said you're awesome grandma". It took me a minute to stop laughing. We were then able to drive on."
I so love your humor.