
Geneva is not a tourist town. It's seems to be a functional old style downtown for a small community.

There was one very cute corner store.

Ree's was a combination antique store, maybe a little touristy and a lot old fashioned soda shop.

I was tempted to sit and order a float. Who knows, maybe I would have been discovered by a film director too.
The other corner.
These are two night photo of the covered bridges we visited yesterday.

There was even an FOE Eagles in town.
About 3 miles further north is Geneva-on-the-Lake. This is a total beach town loaded with ratty tatty cabins, hotels, lodges, bars, lounges, shops, bike rentals, etc. But it is on the Lake. Too dreary a day to get a good picture of the Lake. It started to rain too.
The Geneva-on-the-Lake Strip...just like Vegas eh?
Heading back to the park I decided to see if I could find another bridge. Success!

Mechanicsville Bridge. This bridge is the longest single span covered bridge in Ashtabula County. Built in 1867 it spans 156 feet.

This is also the oldest bridge in Ashtabula County and though closed for years it was renovated in 2003 and opened to traffic again.
That's about all I did today. Played Mexican Train and lost big time....stupid game.
Thanks for visiting.










No comments:
Post a Comment