Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Kentucky Bound

Packed it all up again and off we went to Louisville, Kentucky.  Drove through a small town named Madison and stopped for gas.  $3.22 for regular and $3.73 for diesel.  Gas prices are suppose to get lower the further south we go.  I think we should keep going south until they stop us and offer free gas. Now that would be a good thing.



Saw a couple of crop dusters along the way.


 And another interesting town just a ways down from Madison is Hanover.


And I thought we were sometimes confused about which way to go. 




Some really pretty scenery along the way.












Winding roads and all.

Along the way we see the longest and biggest building I've ever seen.  I couldn't even get it all in the frame.


Well I guess this figures....it's Amazon...this is just part of the front.


And before we know it we're in Kentucky.


 Beautiful downtown Louisville, Kentucky.

 Home of Little Slugger where baseball bats of value are made.



Our destination on Wednesday, plus Churchill Downs.





 We're staying at the FOE Eagles Derby City, Louisville, Kentucky.  As members of the Eagles we are able to stay here with electric, at no charge.  Very friendly people.  Had a drink with them and afterwards went to a china buffet for dinner.



It may not be the prettiest site but it's safe and free.


Thanks for visiting and come back soon.

No comments: