Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We're Back

Not sure what I did or didn't do but either I fixed something or blogspot recovered.


We found the sign for Horseshoe Lakes miles from the park.  This park is very isolated and my guess is it's over 60 percent leased sites.  It wouldn't surprise me if it's higher.  But it is very pretty and could be more beautiful with a little maintenance.



The hottest, heat breaking day since 1890's and they close the pool.  In just a few days the heat has evaporated a foot of the water.






I especially like the re-bar corner posts on the volleyball court.  Nice touch.





This minature golf course would be a challenge for any golf ball...just getting past the grass, weeds and torn felt would do most in.





I guess you might sense I'm disappointed in the park.  But it's wonderful to reunite with my nephew, his wife and my great niece.

We drove into Clinton for lunch.  It was 96 degrees.  Saw a pretty blue bridge on the way in.



Stopped at IGA, a supermarket and wouldn't you know Bill found a bottle of Boonesfarm.  Haven't see this brand since I was a kid.

Hey, Peggy, found you old house.  But I'm sure you can restore it with a little paint and wallpaper.



Back at the ranch we did a self guided tour and made preparations for a barbecue dinner with my nephew and some of his family.  We had a great visit and will get together again in a day or so.  Hopefully will get to meet all three great nieces.

Horseshoe Lakes is huge with a surprising limit of available sites.  What potential.
 The racket at night from the cicadas is amazing.  They say in a couple years the place will be covered with them.  I won't be here then, that's for sure. 
Larry and Gail arrived after work was complete on his slide and refrigerator in Elkhart.  It has been so hot here we've barely left the air conditioned rig.  It's suppose to break today.  We welcome fall until we get far enough south to welcome winter.

We have so much on our agenda, so much to see and do.  This is a wonderful life.

Come back soon and thanks for your interest.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We ran into the same situations on our last trip East. It was in the 90's and the pool was not open yet because it was a few days before Memorial Day. Sounds like after Labor Day the weather is not a concern as they close the pools then also. When I called today to make some reservations at a W.H. park, there was a recorded message about them pushing lease sites also. Guess that is the "new norm." Thanks for the great travel stories. Dottie/George Alexander