Tuesday, November 19, 2013

French Quarter by Night

Really pretty sunset while driving across the Mississippi River heading into the French Quarter.


 New Orleans skyline 
 Inside Pat O'Brien's.   This structure was built in 1781 as a private residence.  It's been a theater and a speakeasy.

We stopped in for their famous Hurricane Drink, originated here in the 1940's.





It seems in the French Quarter at least, you can stroll the streets with drinks in hand.  In and out of bars, no cover charge.  What a place.  During Mardi Gras it's anything goes...including bottles, drinks in glass...but any other time it's got to be in a plastic cup.

Walking through the French Quarter the later it got the more unusual the entertainment.  Music poured out of all the doors with bands competing for your attention.  We even got a dance in at the Krazy Korner.

A beautiful stairwell.                                      My next leggings.

             

 Anyone care for a new chandelier?

or maybe a pretty fountain for your entryway?


















The Piano Bar at the entry to Pat O'Brien's



A very good jazz group.
 This guy was having way too much fun at the Krazy Korner.  At first I thought he was an officer but then again...I guess not...maybe a wannabe.
This is the group at the Krazy Korner.




   

This is supposedly a Cajun instrument this man is wearing and playing.





More bands playing.
             










 



 Frozen in time....along with his puppy.




Every town has one of these.








As promised...some strange people.  This one is a bit creepy...having his picture taken with anyone who'd sit on his lap.  No thanks.
















This guy was almost running.  Barely caught him.








I can't tell you what the hell this guy was suppose to be but he was lit up and about 7 feet tall.  Looked almost robotic...also on a near run heading the same direction the guy to the left was heading.








 Gail and Larry taking in all the sights.

    Okay, another t-shirt funny for you.

        

 Just another band.  We walked in and they took a break.



We found the place but it was too late to eat.


 I know, I know...bye bye...time to go home.  It's late and the crowds are getting louder and staggering more....NO that's not us doing that...hic?


 I will get one of these apples one day.










Forrest was nowhere to be found.

 

A waning full moon.



So good night all.  I am tired and no longer in a creative mood.  That Hurricane is catching up with me...and my feet are cold too.  Come on Lilly let's get to bed.  Thanks for visiting.

No comments: