We pulled anchor and set our heading to NNE out of Three Flags Sunday morning. There was a red sky last night so we anticipated a day of delight. Next port of call, Georgia. It was a beautiful morning with a light breeze on the beam. Whoaaa....wrong vessel. I forgot where I was. But you know there's very little difference between cruising in a sailboat and cruising in a motorhome, other than the obvious surface you travel upon. It's a trade off of dragging anchor versus tire blowouts. Then there's the speed traveled and of course the distance per day and the cost of fuel. Well okay, there are a lot of differences, but the friendships and camaraderie are almost identical. I must say I still, twenty years since living on a sailboat in Mexico, delight at the rain and wind and know I will not be dragging anchor and it's safe to roll over and go back to sleep. So hello Georgia and adios Florida.
It didn't take long to set up home base in Southern Trails in Unadilla, Georgia. Across from us and sharing an ample space is Linda and Ove in their new Integra.
The view out our front window.
There was a beautiful sunset that evening with a great reflection on the side of Linda and Ove's rig.
Bob and Kathy Erickson's rig in the center.
Bob, Kathy and Bill rounding the front of Bob and Kathy's rig. Nice sunset reflection on the side.
Lilly's two new friends.
Sunrise the next morning. This is not a fancy park but it is rural and peaceful except for I 75 racing by 50 yards away.
We put up the girl's pen so everyone could bring their pets to the nightly get togethers. We just sat on both sides of the fence.
Later that morning the ladies did a field trip to We're Nuts, the local pecan buffet. All the pecans you want to try. Different favors and dozens of different chocolate covered ones. All free for the sampling.
Linda and Kathy enjoying the sampling.
We washed down the dozens of pecan samples with a delicious ice cream. We all spent money...good advertising We're Nuts.
Tomorrow we'll go visit Jimmy Carter. Thanks for showing up again. See you soon.
1 comment:
Your pics are great, especially the Sunsets. Hope the extreme weather we keep seeing on TV hasn't hit your area too hard.
Tony and I are currently in Vegas TT, with Ron and Betty E. Heading home soon, Spring is Here!
Post a Comment