Along the way we spotted an Amish Woodworks Shop....had to stop.
This should be fun, especially if the inside is anything like the outside.
Ah yes, Gail found a sweet seat.
Inside the shop we found lots of fun items. No we didn't even buy a single item, but we had fun looking.
Some local artists.
Cute little salt and pepper shakers.
I couldn't tempt Bill with a new putter.
This tickled my funny bone.
Gatlinburg. Now this is a super cute town. It totally pegged my tourist meter. About another day of this and I'd be all touristed out. We have another trip planned in that case. Our only purpose today is Mooooonnnnnnshiiiiine!!!
The skylift.
This city is busy, busy...bumper to bumper cars. A compact tourist town with tons of hotels and pretty lodges.
Wait till this weekend when "Fast Cars and Mason Jars" is on. This level of activity will be nothing in comparison.
Now we're getting close.
Now we're in business.
Belly up to the bar boys!
12 flavors plus cherries soaked in 100 proof moonshine. I tasted 3 flavored and 40 proof plus a cherry fireball. The Apple Pie and Blackberry Moonshine were my favorites. So we bought the Apple Pie and the Cherries and Larry got the Blackberry for "friends"...who might eventually join us...if there's any left by then. I refused the 100 proof. Couldn't afford the fire extinguisher you had to buy with it.
There were four walls of Moonshine and I'll bet a million more waiting in line to hop on the shelves.
There was a courtyard at the Moonshine Mall and they had some really good music being played. This place knows how to do business. Liquor em up...show em the t-shirt and socks....provide a comfortable rocker and put em to sleep with good music while their spouse spends money.sell, sell, sell.
And they were cuties too.
Works every time.
I wanted one of these RedNek Red Solo Cups but resisted. No room for a single additional glass in my cupboards.
I thought these little Trolls were cute.
Okay, that's what we came for...time to go get the truck. A young man was kind enough to let us block in the employees with the truck while we went into the Moonshine Shop. Of course that ended up a $120 parking fee but we got Moonshine to show for it. Parking is at a premium in Gatlinburg.
Saw this beautiful motor tricycle on the way back. I like the wide body...looks comfy, until it rains.
I think that looks like a granny on the back.
And a grandpa on the front.
Ain't this the life. Another wonderful day.
Our last stop was Golden Corral...only meal of the day...OMG....I'm stuffed, we're all stuffed. We gotta stop doing this. My body is crying out for pickleball and water volleyball....where is it?
Thanks for visiting...send info if you know where I can find these activities in Georgia...next stop.
See you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment